Thursday, October 31, 2013

Mornings

Mornings I like best. The quiet of the predawn stillness, the comfort of my bedside slippers, the routine of grinding those much-needed beans of coffee and the reading of the Word and other great books. But the part I enjoy, no savor, the most is the sleepy twitter that comes from the second bedroom on the left. My girls' room. You see they are teenagers now and share a room. This is because we have downsized a great deal from 2800 square ft to 900. Yikes! But necessary. I love their twittering because they have become each other's best friend. They share jokes and funny stories, stuff they've read and experienced and dreams they hope to fulfill in their futures and it all makes a wonderful twitter that I am savoring. Yes, savoring. For I know this twittering has an expiration date. A very close one at that. When the girls were younger, babies even, I would sit and long for them to pass quickly through the tough stage they were in just so I could get some relief, but all that longing has turned them into teenagers and now I am putting the brakes on their development by savoring each and every moment. Life around this home has finally come to a normal pace and we have learned to be thankful for each experience. Oh, and no more wishful, "please let this pass quickly" prayers. Not matter how tough the stage is. 
So yes, morning quietness, darkness, coffeeness, and twittering are my joys. Thank you Lord, for each day brings new mercies and new sights, sounds and pleasures to enjoy. 

This is the day The Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it. 

No comments: