Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Challenge

Well, after ignoring this blog for almost a year, I decided to connect it with a challenge. The #Hellomornings Winter Challenge It's a period of 12 weeks that you set aside for getting up early, reading God's word, preparing for your day, exercising and whatever else the Lord leads you to do. All before your family rises, so you can greet them instead of be woken up by them.  This allows you to set the tone for your day and set the mood for the home.

I participated in this last year and it's time for another one. I loved the accountability and all that I accomplished and the amount of growth I experienced, just me and the Lord.

In Katie's 15 Transformational Tips for the Night Owl, she suggested we find a "why" for our participation.

My WHY: I know the value of getting up early to pray, study, plan and stretch but I need accountability beyond my husband :) I see that I am a more settled and focused mamma when I am prepared for my family. I notice that I am more responsive to their needs and desires if I have taken care of my needs first. My brain functions better when I have put a few hours of quiet time between me and the girls' alarm clock :)

So, that's my WHY...

HelloMornings, again.

No comments: